Wednesday, 11 December 2013

My Rep-Rap Prusa

This weekend I finally finished the new housing for my 3d printer.

I made it out of 12mm MDF and 3mm Acrylic glass. The nasty smell of plastic during operation is now completly gone and it is now considerably less loud. I used a gasket which is actually used for doors and windows to seal the gap between the glass and the MDF what makes it pretty air tight.
Also the new mounting of the filament spool works great, cause before I had the spool mounted underneath the table what caused some problems from time to time when the filament got stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment